Desserts always play a very important role in your parties at home, especially when it is a ladies kitty party. The ladies are always more particular about the menu at the kitty party which is actually incomplete without good desserts. The most common desserts include rasgulla, rabri, ras malai, gulab jamun etc, but it is always a good idea to surprise your guests with a new and interesting dessert item. Today I am sharing the recipe of one of the simplest chocolate desserts, the Chocolate Fruit and Nut Truffles for your kitty party. You can make them and store too.
Chocolate Desserts: Fruit and Nut Truffles
- Bittersweet chocolate- 9 ounces
- Heavy cream -2 tablespoons
- Cognac or rum- 2 tablespoons
- Finely chopped apricots – 1 1/4 cups
- Finely chopped hazelnuts-1/2 cup
- Crushed and crystallized ginger- 2 tablespoons
- Confectioners’ sugar- 2 tablespoons
- Hazelnut halves- 30||||
Method – ::
- Line up a big baking piece of sheet with aluminum foil or baking parchment.
- In the top of a dual boiler more than low heat, blend chocolate about 4 ounces to melt.
- Take away from the heat and beat the blended chocolate in the cream and then cognac. Merge this in the chopped hazelnuts, confectioners’ sugar, apricots, and ginger. Mix well to mingle totally.
- Freeze the blended mixture, if essential, until solid enough to hold. Shape it in 1-inch balls and put sideways on a wax paper sheet.
- Again melt the remaining chocolate in the same manner as did earlier and then take away from the heat. Dip the balls or truffle into melted and soften chocolate. Put the dipped truffles on the baking sheet.
- Garnish each truffle with a hazelnut half and freeze. As the truffle gets prepared to store it in an airtight pot in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can store these chocolate desserts and thus you can make it a day or two before your kitty party.