I made Rasmalai at home yesterday and it turned out absolutely awesome and yummylicious. I never knew this super decilisou dessert is that easy to make. Just a few simple kitchen ingredients and you can make soft and yummy ras malai at home. Check out my Rasmalai Recipe and do try it at your home.
Rasmalai Recipe: Make Rasmalai at Home
- 10 cups Milk
8 tsp White vinegar
1 tablespoon Refined flour (maida)
1/2 teaspoon Cornflour/ corn starch
2 cups Sugar
- 4 cupa water for chashni
6 cups milk
6 table spoon sugar
- Boil the milk at high flame and turn off the gas stove.
- Take 3/4 cup of water and mix 8 teaspoons of vinegar.
- Add this vinegar water to the milk and also add 3-4 cups of water and a few cubes of ice. Stir well till the milk curdles and milk solids are separate.
- Strain the chena using a sieve or a cheese cloth. Keep it aside for some time so that water if removed properly.
- Take the chena in a deep pan and add corn flour and the refined floor.
- Make a soft dough by kneading it well. Knead it until it become soft and a greasy.
- Make small balls of this chena and press slightly to give the shape of ras malai.
- Make chashni (sugar syrup) in a pressure cooker with sugar and 5 cups of water.
- Keep the consistency thin.
- Add the chena balls into the syrup and cook for two whistles.
- Keep them in the cooker for around 20 minutes till it is completely cold.
- Take them out and add in the Ras.
For making Ras
- Take the milk and add sugar and kesar.
- Boil it till it thickens.
- Add the ready chena balls and keep it in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.