After trying my hands on tangy jeera goli and chocolate pastries, today I tried making Aam Papad. Never thought making these tasty mouth freshener will be this easy. My younger son love eating the Aam Papad and I used to bring them every time I visit some fairs or melas, but thanks to internet where I got the so simple Aam Papad Recipe and tried making it.
- Mangos- 500 grams
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Ghee- 1/2 tsp
How to make Aam Papad at home
- Peel and cut the mangoes.
- Add sugar and mango pulp in a mixer and blend it to smooth paste.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and put the smooth pulp paste.
- Cook it for around 5-8 minutes till it becomes thick.
- Grease small plates with ghee and spread the thick mango paste.
- Let them dry in sunlight for 1 day or in fan for two days.
- Take out the thin sheets and keep them over one another.
- Cut in desired shapes and your tangy, yummy aam papad is ready to eat.
Note: If you want to make the chatpata aam papad, add black salt and black pepper powder while cooking the mango pulp.
My son likes the sweet aam papad and so I made this one. Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out. Also see the simple and quick recipes of –
Mamidi Tandra in Telugu or Aamsotto in Bengali is a traditional Indian sweet. It is actually a fruit leather made using the mango pulp and sugar. It is a commonly loved in South and North India but is available is numerous varieties all over North India.
Do let me know if you have any doubts in these recipes. I share the recipe only which I try and all these pictures are my own. Kittygroups.com own each and every copyright on these images.