Team building games and activities are the best ways to strengthen the group of employees in an office. They can be good icebreakers for the beginning of a meeting or a way to build stronger ties with members you already know. It is actually a philosophy of job design where all the employees are viewed as team members and not as the individual employees.
Various companies today use the team building games and activities to improve communication, motivations, and to boost the morale of their employees. These games help the employees to learn effective strategies and to know each other which further improve their productivity and strength. Team building games and activities can be used by any business, large or small, to promote better teamwork in the workplace, which is one of the major factors associated with a company’s success.
Check out the list of 10 team building games and activities especially designed to improve employee planning skills and building trust within a team.
Team Building Games and Activities For Corporate Houses
1. Step on mat – This is one of the bets team building games you can play with your employees in your office party. You can play this game indoors as well as outdoors and moreover you can also arrange this game in any of your family picnics. The image below shows it all but let me tell you that the game is all about the stepping. The team will stand in a row hold each others hand and will then will pass travel from one end to other stepping the mats. No player can step on the ground.
2. Pass On The Trails- In this team building activity you will need a few half pipes trails. You can make these by cutting the pipes to make these half pipes. Ask the team to fill a bucket using these half pipes as shown in the figure. This is one of the most interesting team building games for outdoors.
3. Team Burst – The game is clear in the image below. Call the teams and ask them to burst the balloon all-together. Make them stand in a line first and give them a balloon each, ask them to keep the balloon at their chests or tummy and then as the whistle blows, they have to burst the balloon, the team bursting all balloons first will be the winner of this team building activity. This is one of the funniest team building games for all age groups.
4. Blindfolds- This is one of the simplest yet interesting team building games. You may need many different sized balls for this game. Call everyone on the ground and blindfold them. Now throw all the balls in the ground. Before blindfolding the players show them their balls and tell them the points. Keep 10 points for each big ball, 5 for small. You can also set the points according to colors, like 10 for red, 5 for blue and 2 for green etc. Now as the whistle blows, the players have to kneel down and search the balls. You can set the time accordingly. When the time is up, take out the blindfolds and count the points. Team with maximum points will win this team building activities. You can add this game in the list of your team building games for all ages.
5. Pass On The Banana- To play this team building game, first of all divide your employees in two teams. You can make three or four teams also according to the strength of your group party. Make the teams lie down on the floor making a line. Tell them to lie down so as one’s head almost touches other’s feet. Now give one banana to each team and they have to pass the banana to the member behind using their feet. Even if they drop the banana in between they can pick it up again but without using their hands. They have to use only their feet to pick and pass the bananas. The team managed to drop the banana first to the finish line with this team building activity.
6. Duct Tape Game- For this team building activity you have to divide your guests in two or more groups. Now tie the members legs with each other using a duct tape. For example, take right leg or member A and left leg of member B, then right leg of member B to the left leg of member C. Got it? Check the image below to understand better.
7. Balloon Race- This team building activity is similar to the game balloon burst mentioned above, but here the team has to run with their balloons without popping or dropping it. The team has to reach the finishing line without dropping or popping the balloon in this game. The team who reaches the finish line first with all their balloons will be the winner of this team building game.
8. Drop The Ball- Give the team a set of ropes, buckets and soft smiley balls. Keep the number of ropes, buckets and balls according to the members in a team. Now make them hold the ropes as shown in the image above The members have to move the ball slowly on the rope and drop it in the bucket kept below. This is a two minute game and the team which managed maximum numbers of balls in the basket will be the winning team of this team building games.
9. Hula Hoop Pass- Have the team form a circle holding hands. Ask two people to let go of their grip long enough for them to place their hands through a hula hoop before rejoining them. The team task is to pass the hula hoop around the circle in a specified direction until it returns to the starting point.
10. Sponge Relay Race- For this team building activity, arrange a few buckets and sponge pieces. You will also need two empty jars, two buckets filled with water, and two large sponges. You can use the car wash sponges to play this game in your kitty party. Before you start, form two teams. Each team will make a line next to a bucket filled with colored water. Host will blow the whistle and the game starts. When the game starts, have the first member of each team put the sponge in the colored water in the bucket, put it on their head, and run towards a jar at the other end of the playing area. Squeeze the water into the jar and run back. Continue on with the rest of the players. The first team who fill the jar to overflowing wins.
Nice ones. Thanks for sharing. Stumbled upon your article on net.
Really cool games shiwangi. Would love to know when you add more. And ofcourse your philosophy of life to enjoy it as much as we can. Please email me at email@example.com when you upload more games. Thanks.
I love your games and I agree with you completely about enjoying life. Please share a little more instructions concerning the duct tape game. What is the object of the game once the players ankles are duct taped?
The ‘Pass On The Trails’ game/activity really shows the worth of team building. If I should use this in a training programme, what will be the most appropriate objective or philosophy ?
Hey Simon, thanks for dropping by. Yes, indeed this is a nice team building activity and the philosophy behind it could be the proper coordination and communication between the colleagues, as per my opinion. What say?
Hi! I really like the Blindfolds game. How do the players collect their balls (what do they place them in)? Or do they simply hold them somehow (in their shirt)? How much time would you give them to collect the balls? Two minutes? Thanks!
Hey Kathy, thanks for dropping by. Yeah they just have to collect them somehow like in their shirt, pockets or whatever.