Bhaang plays a very important role in the celebration of Holi festival. The bhang can be made by crushing the leaves and buds Cannabis. A green colored paste is made by crushing them using a pestle and a mortar. This paste is then mixed with spices, ghee and milk to prepare a refreshing drink Bhang Thandai.
Read More To Know How To Make Thandai At Home
- Sugar–1 1/2 cups
- Water–1 1/2 liter
- Almonds–1 tbsp
- Milk–1 cup
- Poppy seeds–1/2 tbsp
- Watermelon seeds– 1 tbsp- (dried and skinned)
- Cardamom powder–1/2 tsp
- Aniseed–1/2 tbsp
- Dried or fresh rose petals–1/4 cup
- Peppercorns –1 tsp (whole)
How to Make Bhang Thandai–
- Take all the dry ingredients and soak them in two cups of water for at least two hours. Soak sugar separately in about ½ liter of water.
- Except the sugar, make a fine paste of all the soaked items.
- Now mix all the water to the paste. Take a muslin cloth and strain it till the residue is absolutely dry.
- Now take the extracted liquid and add the sugar and milk into it, also add the cardamom powder.
- Refrigerate it till it is chilled , sprinkle nuts and serve it.