Papri is one of the most commonly used snacks in India especially during the Holi festival. Holi is a colorful festival all about fun, colors, tasty and spicy food. Papri is very easy to make and you can store the Papri in an air tight container for long time.
Read more to know how to make Papri for Holi Kitty Party
- 1/2 kg Besan
- 1 tsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 small tsp Red chili powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Methi leaves
- 1/4 kg Flour (maida)
- Make tight dough mixing the besan, chilli powder, salt, chopped methi leaves and oil. Knead it thoroughly to make good dough.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Make sure that the oil is hot enough.
- Roll some oil on your hands and take some dough. Roll it out into a long strip. It must be about 1 inch thick.
- Now cut the roll into small pieces and flatten it like a small chapatti using the roller pin (belan).
- Turn the flame low and fry the papri till it gets the golden yellow color.
- Drain the excess oil and store them in an air tight container.