Ganesha Chaturthi is a famous Hindu festival which we celebrate on the birthday of Lord Ganesha. Ganesh Chaturthi falls on a different date every year and according to the Hindu Calendar, it falls on Shukla Chaturthi which often comes between end of August to mid-September. Usually, Ganpati is called for 10 days but some people also keep the idol for 2, 5 or 7 days. Besides Aarti and puja, there are many cultural activities held these 10 days. Check out some interesting Ganpati Celebration Ideas below.
Ganpati Celebration Ideas
- Ganpati Utsav being one of the most popular Indian festivals is full of fun, music, dance and cultural activities. Below are some interesting Ganpati Celebration Ideas to bring more fun and laughter.
2. Thali decoration competition- this is a common idea but is very relevant and interesting for the ladies of your society. Do not forget to keep the interesting prizes for the competition.
3. Rangoli- This is again very popular and most loved activity for Ganpati Celebration. You can change it to Floral rangoli competition or may be a rangoli with kitchen items etc.
4. Couple Fancy Dress- Fancy dress has been popular for kids but playing it with couples is fun filled. You can keep this competition in your Ganpati celebration where the couples have to perform.
5. Passing the parcel- This is again a very interesting game to be played in Ganpati Celebration. Just keep some funny and interesting tasks for the society members to perform.
6. Nonstop Nonsense- This is a nice game to be played with big groups. You just need to make the guests sit in a circle and ask them some silly questions with a twist. Read more to know more about this game.
7. Indian Cultural Dress- Ask every family in the society to dress in a traditional Indian attire. The best-dressed family can be given the prize.
8. Modak Making Competition- This is specifically for ladies. Ask every lady in your society to make modaks and bring it at the time of aarti. The best modaks win the prize of course.
9. Eating competition- You can keep modak eating competition or pani puri eating competition in your celebrations.
10. Team Games- You can divide the guests into teams and playing some funny and interesting one-minute games with them.
11. Tambola- Tambola or housie is one of the best ideas to keep a group of guests engaged and entertained. Get various designer tombola tickets ideas here.
Do let us know if you have some more Ganpati Celebration Ideas.