Lauki Ki Muthiya is very easy to make tasty and healthy tea time snacks item. You can make it in your breakfast as well.
Lauki Ki Muthiya: Tea Time Snacks
whole wheat flour- 1/2 cup
semolina (sooji)-1 cup
Besan (bengal gram flour)-1/2 cup
Ginger-green chilli paste- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
Asafoetida (hing)- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-3 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds ( rai )-1/2 tsp
Desi Ghee- 2 tsp
How To Make Lauki Ki Muthiya
- Grate the lauki (bottle gourd) and squeeze out excess water. Keep the liquid aside to knead the dough if required.
- Take a big pan and mix the ingredients like bottle gourd, whole wheat flour, semolina, besan, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice, sugar, coriander, asafoetida, salt and 1 tsp of oil in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough adding water if required.
- Make rolls from the dough as we make while making besan ke gatte.
- Boil the rolls in water for around 10 minutes.
- Remove, cool slightly and cut into small pieces.
- Take a wide open pan and add 2 tsp of desi ghee and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the muthiya pieces and saute them on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.