Easy Snacks for Kids . Soyabean is one of the best sources of protein but my kids never like it so when I saw the soya shammi kabab recipe on the web today, I couldn’t resist making it in my kitchen. It was a very easy to make evening snack for kids and thankfully my kids loved it.
Easy Snacks for Kids
Ingredients for Soya Shammi Kabab
- Soya Chunks – 250 grams
- Chana Dal – One big bowl
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves -4
- Ginger- 1 small piece
- Garlic- 7-8 chopped
- Green chillies- chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Red chilly powder (optional)
- Amchoor powder (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Roasted chana powder / Gram Flour (besan)/Flour (Maida) – Two Tsp
Soya Shammi Kabab Recipe Easy Snack Recipe
- Soak chana dal and soya chunks in separate bowls for around 2-3 hrs.
- Take a pan and add one table-spoon of oil.
- When oil is heated add bay leaf, cloves, chopped green chillies and garlic.
- Saute them for a minute or two and add soaked chana dal and soya chunks.
- Allow it to cool and then make a paste by grinding it in a mixer
- You can grind the mixture completely or keep it a bit coarse. My kids love the taste of cripsy chana dal so I kept it coarse.
- Now add salt and spices according to taste. If your kids are not used to it spicy food add only salt and if they love having spicy food you can add spices accordingly. I added a pinch of red chilly powder and amchoor powder.
- Mix it well and add a binding agent. You can add besan, maida or grinded chana powder. I tried the recipe with both chana powder and besan. I would like to add here that the kababs with besan were better and crispy to taste.
- Mix it well and make shape your kids like. Whatever shape you make, just keep it thin enough to be cooked properly.
- Fry in oil till the kababs are goden brown in color.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce. My kids love the mayonnaise with kababs so I served them the soya shammi kababs with mayonnaise. To increase the taste I added finely chopped onion, tomatoes and coriander leaves in mayonnaise.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know if your kids liked it or not. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this recipe or other kitty party snacks posted in my website.
So this was the simple recipe of soya shammi kababs, easy snacks for kids. These kababs are extremely rich in protein and very tasty to eat. So if you kids don’t like eating dal or soyabean, make these soya kababs for them and enjoy. Do hit the facebook like button if you liked the recipe and also feel free to share if you have some recipes for easy snacks for kids. Waiting for your comments in the comments box below.
Love you all 🙂