Things you need to make Undhiyu-
- ½ kg Potatoes
- ½ Kg Beans (sem ki phalli)
- 2 Raw Bananas
- 100 gms Yam
- 3 Baby brinjals
- 2small piece of Ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp Haldi
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp scraped coconut
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
Things you need to make Muthiya
¼ cups Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
Methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves)
Small piece of ginger
2 green chilly
Oil to fry
Salt according to taste
How to make Undhiyu
- To make the muthiyas, make a paste using the ginger, garlic and chilies. Take the flour and make firm dough using this paste and chopped coriander.
- Divide the dough in small portions and make a shape of small rolls. Deep fry the rolls and keep them aside.
- To make the undhiyu, dice the vegetables, Brinjals, yam, raw bananas, and potatoes into four pieces. Don’t cut the stem.
- Cut and string the beans. Make sure that the pieces are not longer than one inch. Take a pan and add the oil, when it is heated add asafoetida and mustard seeds. When it crackles add the beans and the ground masala.
- Now add the other vegetables and make the layers topping one another. Sprinkle the turmeric powder and salt on the vegetables.
- Stir the vegetables and fry them for five minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and simmer the flame. Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fried muthiyas and let it cook for 15 minutes more.
- Stir the vegetables occasionally after that.
- Undhiyu is ready to eat. Sprinkle the scraped coconut to garnish.
- Serve hot with Parantha.