I often get compliments about my younger looking and healthy skin. Many of you have asked me about my skin care secrets and today I have decided to share what all I do to have this healthy and younger looking skin.
To be very honest, I am blessed with a healthy skin and I don’t really do any special treatments but yes I do follow certain things which you might be interested in.
Secrets of My Younger Looking Skin
- Less Makeup- I hardly use any makeup on my skin. The only cosmetics I use are Lacto- Calamine lotion, lipsticks, and eyeliners.
- Wash your face before you sleep– I never go to bed with makeup on my face. I Wash your face thoroughly with Neutrogena face wash and apply my lacto-calamine lotion before I go to sleep.
- Garlic- There is no anti-aging remedy better than garlic. I am a huge ginger-garlic lover. I use a good amount of garlic in my kitchen, may it the garlic chutney, pickle or the veggies. Let me tell you that garlic is very rich in allicin which has amazing anti-agin and skin smoothing benefits. It increases the blood flow thereby giving my skin a natural glow. Try using garlic as much as you can, it not just gives you a healthy and younger looking skin but also fight cancer and it works with vitamin E in the body to boost antioxidant power.
- Ginger- Just like garlic, I use a good amount of ginger in my food items, may it be the ginger tea, ginger pickle, paranthas, or the veggies. Not much people know, but Ginger is super rich in antioxidants and has wonderful anti-aging effects. It stimulates the blood circulation, removes toxins from the body and gives me firmer, smoother, shinier, healthier and younger skin.
- Chilly- Not much people know that including chilly (both red chilly powder and green) is very important for health as well as skin benefits. Researchers say that one Tbsp of red chilly powder contains 2,224 International Units of vitamin A which is best of your eyesight as well as to maintain the health of your bones, teeth, skin, reproductive systems and internal membranes. Similarly, green chilly also helps maintaining the health of your skin.
- Sunlight- Some sun is good for our skin. I prefer sitting in Sunlight for at least 5-10 minutes in a day, esp in winter. In summers, I sit in the shade but yes I do sit in Sunlight as it triggers the synthesis of vitamin D within the body.
- Sunscreen-I never forget applying the Lacto-Calamine Sunscreen lotion. It’s a myth that we should apply the sunscreen lotion only when we are out in the sun, actually one should apply it daily.
- Sleep- I sleep a lot. Yes, I do sleep late but I get up even later. Taking appropriate sleep is very important to look younger and stay healthier.
So these were a few things which I think give me a younger looking and glowing skin. Though I have read and heard from many people that drinking at least 8-12 glasses of water is important to get glowing skin, but honestly I don’t drink more than 2-3 glass of water in a day. I guess Ginger-Garlic does better than water 🙂 Grin :)♥♥