Today I am sharing the (sweetened condensed milk) milkmaid recipe here with my blog readers. I made this condensed milk (milkmaid) at home today and it took me around 30 minutes to make it. It was absolutely same to the tinned condensed milk available in the market. The colour, essence, taste and the consistency was absolutely same and no-one could guess if it is a home-made or a tinned condensed milk. No milk powder, no fake ingredients and no chemicals, condensed milk can be made with just three common ingredients -milk, sugar and baking soda. I was just amazed to see that the colour, taste, essence, and consistency was just the same at the can of condensed milk available in the market.
Milkmaid or the condensed milk is used in many different deserts and kids usually love its taste. You can make different types of fudges, chocolate cakes, laddoos, kheer and other deserts with the condensed milk. Check out the easy and quick milkmaid recipe.
Ingredients to make condensed milk
- Milk- 1 liter
- Caster Sugar- 2cups (to taste)
- Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
How to make Milkmaid at Home
- Take a heavy based pan and mix sugar and milk. Boil it stirring often on medium flame. Boil it till the milk thickens and the quantity reduces to 1/4 th. It takes around 45 minutes to thicken and reduce to 1/4 if you heat it on medium flame.
- Once reduced to the desired thickness, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and stir the milk vigorously. Boil it for another 5 minutes till the milk get even thicker.
- Your milkmaid (sweetened condensed milk) is ready. Turn off the flame and allow the milk to cool.
- Sweetened condensed milk is ready to make the yummy deserts.
Whether you want to make a chocolate fudge, an eggless cake, coconut ladoos or kheer, this home made milkmaid is the perfect alternative to the expensive can of milkmaid available in the market. Just a little patience and you can make your own tasty condensed milk at home.