Ingredients to make Khichu-
- Rice flour- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies-1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Soda bi-carb- a pinch
- Oil-4 tsp
- Garlic- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander- 1 tbsp finely chopped
How to make Khichu-
- Take a deep pan and add 3 cups of water in it. When the water starts boiling add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies and a pinch of soda bi carb. Allow them to boil for a few minutes.
- When the water is boiled thoroughly add the rice flour to it. Do not forget to stir continuously. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Cover the pot and allow it to cook on a simmer flame for some 7-10 minutes. Cook until the mixture starts leaving the pan. Khichu is ready.
- Take another pan and add the oil. When the oil is heated add the chopped garlic and sauté it.
- Turn the flame off and add the red chilly powder. Mix it well and pour it over the prepared Khichu.
- Add a spoon of pure ghee over it and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.